Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Support your local Atheist

California Congressman Pete Stark has announced that he is an atheist by. I'm sure this brave proclamation will bring his way all sorts threats of "hell and damnation" from our more evangelical citizens. Show him some support writing a letter. Just click here.
We athiests are the last to come out of the closet, so to speak. We can show the world that you can be a rational, caring person without the help/prodding/threats of everlasting hell from a god-figure.
Way to go Pete!!!

Man, this has been the best 4 days I've had in--forever! Four days off from work, four days of gorgeous, warm, cloudless weather. My construction class on Saturday was so much fun, Sunday we got up early and went to see 300 at the Imax theater. If you go to a 10:30 am show, it's so cheap! We paid $9 for the Imax, and it's usually $15. Anyway, the movie was very good, I loved it. I love all these graphic novel style flicks that are being done these days. Monday I went to the Building Resources yard, did more shopping, passed my Pests midterm and found out the tonights Soils midterm is delayed a week. Yesterday I spent the entire day in the back yard, working in the garden. I even set up a trellis and planted two of the vinifera canes I brought back from my vine pruning classes last month. They have been in a vase of water since then.
shot with 12 seconds left in the 3rd period. It was like heaven! Sigh.... Here's some pics I grabbed with my phone THEY WON!!!!!! A real laugher too. Guerin with his first goal as a Shark gets the hat trick on a penalty goalThen, to cap it all off, we went to the Sharks game last night, sat 3 rows from the glass by the Sharks' bench, and camera. Finally, we see a win. Amazing! And now, this morning, to see such encouraging news in the paper... please don't wake me up, let me stay in this happy dream for a few more moments ;)

No comments: